Spanish Immersion Program
We're opening the door to Spanish Immersion—and to the world— for interested incoming kindergarten and first grade students.
Do you want your child to be able to:
- Interact in many different cultural situations?
- Reach advanced levels of second language proficiency?
- Enhance native language ability?
- Demonstrate greater problem-solving abilities and flexible thinking?
- Increase college preparedness and career opportunities?
Unique characteristics of the Spanish Immersion Program:
- In primary grades, the curriculum is taught through the language of Spanish for 90% of the school day;
- Students learn the content and simultaneously gain knowledge of the language;
- Starting in third grade the amount of English increases to 20%, and Spanish is used for 80% of instruction;
- Knowledge and skills are taught in Spanish reinforcing English literacy through thematic teaching and attention to cross-linguistic development.